Wednesday, April 15, 2020, 10:30 AM
Saint Frances Academy will collect technology devices the week of May 18 - 22, 2020. Additional information will be provided by Ms. Karae Mosley.
SmartTuition: Take advantage of the self-service signup for next year's tuition payments. Visit EnrollWithSmart.com (School ID No. 00168). If you need additional assistance, call SmartTuition's Parent Help Center @ (888) 868-8828.
BOOST: MSDE has extended the BOOST application deadline through June 1st. We are encouraging our families to complete the applications by April 24th.
Wednesday, April 8, 2020, 6:35 PM
|May 8th||Final day of Instruction|
|May 11th||Final Exams (A/B Periods)|
|May 12th||Final Exams (C/D Periods)|
|May 13th||Final Exams (E/F Periods)|
|May 14th||Final Exams (G Period)|
Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 5:35 AM
Friday, March 12, 2020, 10:45 AM
Dear Saint Frances Academy Family:
Saint Frances Academy continues to monitor and assess guidelines from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization, and Maryland Health officials related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) global emergency.
Following extensive consultation with state and municipal health officials, medical professionals, and community leaders, we have decided to implement a preventative measures plan that will allow to minimize any disruption of learning. As previously noted, the safety of our scholars and employees is our primary concern. With that in mind, Saint Frances Academy will move all instruction to a remote academic environment and other alternative modalities, from Wednesday, March 18th - 27th.
We recognize moving to remote instruction will create challenges for some scholars, faculty, and staff. However, given the uncertainty and rapid spread of the virus we feel this is the most necessary and prudent action, as the best prevention is to ensure our scholars avoid being opportunities for exposure. While instruction will occur remotely, our facilities will otherwise remain open for scheduled business operations until further notice. If you would like to meet with a specific staff person, please be certain to pre-schedule a day and time.
Additionally, the following decisions have been made:
- Remote Instruction. We will have a mini-break from “face-to-face” instruction on Monday, March 16th and Tuesday, March 17th. On Wednesday, March 18th - 27th we will transition classes to our remote academic environment.
- As a part of our Google Education package we have access to a suite of applications which enable us to efficiently transition to remote learning, with ample preparation. Considering such, the faculty and staff will use March 16th and 17th to prepare lessons for delivery via Google Classroom, Google Meet, and other tools.
- Report Card Conferences. In-person report card conferences scheduled for Wednesday, March 18th have been cancelled. For parents who wish to discuss grades of any scholars with a 75 or below, we encourage you to contact the teacher to schedule a conference call.
- Spring Break. Given the adjustment of our “face-to-face” instruction, Spring Break dates will be modified. Students, faculty, and staff will be able to enjoy their Spring Break from Thursday, April 9th - Friday, April 17th. Classes will resume Monday, April 20th.
- Athletic Events. All athletic events and practices have been cancelled until further notice. Pertinent information will be provided as decisions are made by the relevant athletic governing bodies.
- Campus/Public Events. For the safety and well-being of the school-community, all campus events and facilities rentals have been cancelled through the end of Spring Break and will be reassessed on a case-by-case basis afterward.
- Commencement. A highlight of our scholars academic career is the ability to share the closing exercise of their post-secondary career with close family and friends. Similar to our campus events, we will continue to monitor the impact of the virus and reassess the viability of commencement exercises provide an update no later than the close of the Memorial Day holiday.
- Community Health Clinic. We intend to keep our on-campus clinic open and available to our school community. For more information call, (410) 528 - 8747.
- Off-Campus Residences. There are a number of scholars who live in school-sponsored off-campus residences. If they’ve not already done so, these scholars should pack the items they need and participate in remote instruction from home. Any scholar unable to do so, should immediately reach out to Coach Russell and Coach Messay.
- Tuition Payments. Considering scholars are expected to be fully engaged in their online or alternative instruction activities, tuition payments should continue as agreed. Should you have a request for alternative payment arrangements, please send an email to Mr. R. A. Mills (RAnthony.Mills@SFAcademy.org) with a cc: to Dr. Kirk P. Gaddy (Dr.KirkGaddy@SFAcademy.org)
Remember, prevention is a priority! Everyone can protect themselves and others by practicing good health habits, which include frequent washing of your hands (with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer or soap & water, for at least 20 seconds and covering your mouth and nose while coughing or sneezing.
As part of the Saint Frances Academy effort to remain diligent in providing timely updates regarding our school and athletic activities, we will continue to focus on preventative measures as advised by the Maryland Department of Health https://phpa.health.maryland.gov/Pages/Novel-coronavirus.aspx and the CDC CDC.gov/COVID19.
The leadership team of Saint Frances Academy will continue to communicate updates as we receive. If you have specific concerns, feel free to contact us, (410) 539-5794. For additional updates, be certain to look out for notifications via Remind, SmartTuition, and our website, https://sfacademy.org/student-life/coronavirus.
As a faith community, we continue to unite our prayers with all of the faithful for those most adversely affected by this pandemic.
Deacon Curtis Turner, Ed.D. and Dr. Kirk P. Gaddy
Thursday, March 12, 2020, 4:50 PM
URGENT NOTICE - Due to the COVID19 Crisis and the State of Emergency in Maryland, Saint Frances Academy will be closed Friday, March 13, 2020. A communication from the administration regarding the rest of the academic year will be distributed tomorrow morning.