- Hair – Hair should be neat, clean, combed and kept in good taste. No pictures, words, or designs are to be cut or painted in the hair. Scholars are to refrain from excessive hair coloring or glitter. Hair grooming should not take place during school hours. No hats, headbands, or bandanas are to be worn in the school building.
- Jewelry – Freshmen and sophomores are only allowed to wear one watch, one-ring and one pair of post earrings not larger than the size of the ear lobe. Juniors and seniors may wear one pair of small hoop earrings, not larger than a quarter, one bracelet, one ring other than the school ring and one watch. No jewelry resembling drugs or drug paraphernalia, bullets, guns, or spikes, or weapons of any kind are to be worn.
- Blazers – Blue School Blazers with the school emblem is required for all scholars in all grades.
- Belt – All scholars that wear pants must have a black dress belt daily.
- Make-up – Males, freshmen, and sophomore female scholars may not wear make-up. Junior and senior female scholars may wear modest makeup and eyelashes at natural length. Excessive use or loud colors and long or extra-long lashes are not appropriate
- No other clothing, such as sweatshirts and sweatpants may be worn over the uniform unless permitted by administration.
- Shirt – A white, long or short sleeve dress shirt with a necktie is permitted. Shirts are to be neatly pressed. Only a white plain short-sleeved T-shirt is permitted as an undershirt. It is inappropriate to wear a turtleneck shirt over or under the dress shirt. Shirttails must be tucked in pants at all times. The SFA Polo shirt may be worn. The white knit polo shirt is to be worn without a tie. Only short or long sleeve shirts may be worn. Scholars are not allowed to roll up sleeves.
- Pants – the Flynn & O'Hara navy blue pants are the only acceptable pants. They should fit appropriately, be hemmed properly, and worn at the waist with a black dress belt with a small buckle. No Cargo Pants (pockets on the sides)
- Ties – Ties are to be conventional length and width, appropriate for professional wear, with conservative patterns. Ties with cartoons or printed messages that are obnoxious or in poor taste are prohibited. Ties are to be appropriately affixed at the neck with the shirt buttoned. Bow ties are acceptable as well.
- Shoes. All scholars, regardless of shoe size, will be required to wear black dress shoes. Irrespective of name brand, boots and casual footwear are unacceptable, e.g., all forms of UGGs.
- Socks. White, black, or navy blue socks are permitted. Socks are always required.
- Sweater/Blazer – Only the Flynn & O'Hara navy blue school sweaters or blue blazer with the school name imprinted on it is permitted. No other outerwear is to be worn.
- Shirt – A white opaque tailored uniform blouse that has long or short sleeves with Oxford style pointed collar must be worn. Only a plain, white, short-sleeved T-shirt is permitted as an undershirt. Blouses are to be pressed, fastened to the first button at the neck and worn with the shirttails inside skirts and slacks. SFA Polo shirt may also be worn. Only short or long sleeve shirts may be worn. Scholars are not allowed to roll up sleeves.
- Pants – The Flynn & O'Hara navy blue pants are the only acceptable pants. They should fit appropriately, be hemmed properly, and worn at the waist with a black dress belt with a small buckle. No Cargo Pants (pockets on the sides)
- Skirts – The regulation navy and gray pleated skirt is the only acceptable skirt. The skirt must be no more than 2 inches above the knee all the way around.
- Shoes. Black, low-heeled dress shoes. Irrespective of name brand, boots and casual footwear are unacceptable, e.g., all forms of UGGs.
- Socks. Navy blue, black or white knee-high socks or tights must be worn.
- Sweater/Blazer – Only the navy blue school sweaters or blue blazer with the imprinted school name, as sold by Flynn & O'Hara, is permitted. No other outerwear is to be worn.
Attire for Special Class Events
Attire for Special Class Events such as Freshmen Commitment Ceremony, Sophomore Pinning, Junior Ring Mass, Senior Inauguration, Senior Farewell, etc. is as follows: No jeans or tennis of any kind and no T-shirts, shorts or leggings. Jackets must be worn with sleeveless and/or strapless shirts/blouses. Scholars should be dressed in business attire with nothing too short, too tight or too revealing. The School Leadership Team has the final decision regarding appropriate attire. Scholars dressed inappropriately will not be allowed to participate in the event.
Dress Down Day
On "dress down days," scholars are not permitted to wear flip flops, pajama bottoms, sweatpants, T-shirts with inappropriate writing or graphics, tank tops, halter tops, spandex, stretch pants/yoga pants, “short” shorts or skirts, or any other revealing/inappropriate clothing.