2020-2021 Tuition & Student Fees
Choosing a Catholic school is an investment in your child's future. A future of college and career success, but more importantly the daily reminder to strive towards eternal reward in heaven. Tuition for the 2020 - 2021 school year is $10,800. Saint Frances Academy uses Smart Tuition to manage payment of all tuition payments.
The Saint Frances Academy board of directors and school administration establishes a tuition rate that is representative of the school budget needs and enrollment. The tuition rate is also a product of the communities and families we serve. While tuition is not the only revenue source, it is our primary source.
Because the school has full-year contractual and financial obligations that must be met (e.g., teacher salaries, heating and electric bills, building maintenance and improvements, and other expenses), families that accept enrollment are required to satisfy the full annual tuition in a timely manner. All tuition billings are managed via Smart Tuition.
Tuition Planning and Payment Schedule
The Saint Frances Academy tuition rate for the students entering the 2020 - 2021 school year is $10,800. If, during the application process, families have applied for financial aid, tuition awards will be included in all letters of acceptance. Scholarships are not a part of this notification process.
- One lump sum payment - paid by September 1st of the upcoming school year.
- Two equal payments - First payment due by September 1st of the upcoming school year and the second payment due by January 1st of the current school year.
- Four equal payments - First payment due by August 1st of the upcoming school year, the second payment due by October 1st, the third payment due January 1st, and the fourth payment due March 1st of the current school year.
- Monthly payment plan - Equal payments of the total tuition due through May 31st, or earlier.
The above options must be paid through a credit card. If a credit card payment method is chosen, an additional service fee may be charged, and this service fee will be announced on an annual basis. NO CASH will be accepted for payment(s). All payments must be made via Smart Tuition or if in-person, by certified check, money order, or credit card. The chosen method for payment must be indicated during the Smart Tuition enrollment process.
Tuition Payment in Default
A family's failure to maintain a current status with their tuition obligation jeopardizes the scholar’s placement in school. If tuition and fees cannot be paid on time, families must communicate with school administration in writing to prevent enforcement of delinquent tuition procedures. If on the sixth (6th) of the month a payment has not been made, the following process will be followed:
- The parents/guardians will be immediately contacted by Smart Tuition via letter, email and phone calls.
- The parents/guardians will be given four (4) calendar days to bring the account to a current status or meet with school administration to have an adjusted payment contract approved. Please note, this is not a guarantee.
- If the account is not brought to a current status, and an adjusted payment contract was not agreed upon and approved by the school administration, the scholar's enrollment will cease after the tenth (10th) day.
General Tuition Conditions and Agreements
By completing the Smart Tuition enrollment process, parents/guardians agree:
- To pay all amounts due in accordance with the tuition payment agreement/policy. If another person or party is responsible to pay any part of the amount due for the child(ren), and she/he fails to pay when due, the parents/guardians agrees to pay all amounts due upon notification from the school;
- To pay for the entire year if the child(ren) leave after the first Friday of the school year;
- To abide by the Student-Parent Handbook and know that if the child(ren) violates any portion of the Student-Parent Handbook and/or is removed or expelled from the school for any reason consistent with the handbook, then the parents/guardians are not entitled to a proportionate refund of tuition. In addition, the parents/guardians are legally responsible for paying any tuition owed at the time the child(ren) stopped attending the school.
- To be legally responsible for paying the tuition described above according to the tuition payment agreement and within the applicable timeframes. The school may take any action available and consistent with applicable law in order to collect unpaid tuition owed by the parents/guardians, including but not limited to withholding academic transcripts.
- Records and report cards cannot be transmitted for students with delinquent tuition payments, and financial aid/scholarships provided will be at risk and may be rescinded.
- Those with a delinquent tuition accounts may not participate in school activities and graduation ceremonies.
- Families are charged an annual $50 administrative fee upon activation of their Smart Tuition account.
- Accounts with late payments will be assessed a $50 late fee for each late payment.
- Checks and electronic payments that fail (i.e., do not clear the bank) will result in a $35 fee per occurrence.
- Families may be charged for other fees in addition to tuition (i.e. after school programs, meal programs, graduation, technology or other general fees).
- Fees are not refundable; this includes the application or registration fees paid. Families with accounts requiring collection action will be responsible for paying all associated collection fees, attorney’s fees and costs.
If at any time the Saint Frances Academy determines, in its sole discretion, that it cannot successfully provide an enrolled scholar a Catholic education or that allowing the scholar to continue his or her education at the school would hinder the School’s mission or operation, regardless of whether it is due to the scholar’s conduct, his or her parent’s/guardian’s conduct or any other circumstance(s), the School may require the parents/guardians to withdraw the student.
If such occurs, any tuition or enrollment fees paid in advance are non-refundable, unless the reason for the involuntary withdrawal was due to an extenuating circumstance. Students who leave the Saint Frances Academy as a result of severe disciplinary action will be responsible for paying the full tuition due. Nothing contained in any other policy, handbook or verbal conversation can alter or minimize the School’s unilateral discretion to terminate a student’s enrollment.
Transfer of Students with Past Balance
No students will be accepted to Saint Frances Academy if they are carrying a past due balance from any other Catholic school.
NOTE: The payer understands tuition assistance is contingent on prompt payments. Failure to maintain an up-to-date account may jeopardize the continuation of any remaining tuition grants and subsidies for the remainder of the school year. NOTE: Any student who withdraws after Friday, September 11, 2020, for any reason, will be responsible for their full tuition balance through the remainder of the 2020-2021 school year.